I had to think it over for a few days to decide if I wanted to publicly challenge myself to read certain books over the next 3 months. But Amanda's Summer Reading Challenge seems the thing to do this summer.
Coming up with the list of books took another couple of days but I've finally settled on which ones to rescue from TBR purgatory. I've set my goal at 10 books, as I hope to throw in a few fun, light reads in between as well, cause it *is* summer after all!
1. Deafening - Frances Itani --Finished
2. The Other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory
3. I, Elizabeth - Rosalind Miles
4. Peace Like a River - Leif Enger --Finished
5. I am a Cat - Natsume Soseki
6. Things Fall Apart - Chinua Achebe --Finished
7. Flu - Gina Kolata --Finished
8. Geisha of Gion - Mineko Iwasaki --Finished
9. The Way the Crow Flies - Ann-Marie MacDonald
10. Vernon God Little - DBC Pierre --Finished
Bonus - something by Joyce Carol Oates --Finished "I am No One You Know" and "Black Water"
Last updated Aug 28, 2006