Choosing my 5 most interesting things, got me thinking about and remembering all those plays and musicals that I was fortunate to see in London. So another list is in order!
My 5 most memorable theatre experiences:
5. Watching Twelfth Night, performed in traditional costume, by an all-male cast, at the Shakespeare's Globe Theatre.
4. His Dark Materials (Philip Pullman's trilogy made into a 2 part play) was fantastic! So good that I went back to see it all again the following year!
3. Seeing Joseph Fiennes in Love's Labours Lost.
2. Some people don't like it but I love Les Misérables. It suits my love of historical fiction, period pieces, drama, …well you get the idea. I saw it twice. Once at the Palace Theatre, then again after it moved to the Queen's Theatre.
1. Seeing Kevin Spacey in The Philadelphia Story. Also saw him in National Anthems, both at the Old Vic of which he is the current Artistic Director, and he is absolutely brilliant live!!