I've been slow to post about all the great Reading Challenges starting in January, mostly because I have soooo many unread books here that I just can't decide which ones to choose. Which ones I'm ready for. And which ones to put on more than one list so that I can actually succeed in reading some of them and yet keep it so that my whole year isn't booked up because that's no fun either. I know I need to leave breathing room for mood reads and new ones that come along. Decisions. Decisions.
But without further ado, here are the books I plan to read for booklogged's Winter Classics Challenge.
***The challenge is to read five classics during the months of January and February***
1. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte (would you believe I've never actually read this?)
2. The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck (Lotus reminded me of this one that's been on my shelves for a little while) --FINISHED
3. Fahrenheit 451 - Ray Bradbury (Les didn't like it very much but it's been on my shelves for quite a while and I need to finally just get it read) --FINISHED
4. Gigi and the Cat - Colette (slim, French, and a story about a cat- sounds good to me!) --FINISHED
5. The Makioka Sisters - Junichiro Tanizaki (I started this a few years ago then got distracted from it for some reason and never made it back. I'm determined to read it through this time. And at over 500 pages this one also qualifies for the Chunkster Challenge). --FINISHED
I actually have several BIG classics that would easily fit the Chunkster Challenge as well, but with only 2 months for 5 classics, I'm leaning towards short.
FOR EXTRA CREDIT:
Love and Friendship - Jane Austen
The Green Dwarf - Charlotte Bronte
*Last updated February 25, 2007