Saturday, March 17, 2007
M&N's Summer 7 Challenge
At first I was pretty sure I wouldn't be joining M&N's Summer 7 Challenge, especially considering the rules:
May 1st to September 1st, 2007
To complete an entire series (of 7) from start to finish!
From their suggested series, I would like to read Proust's In Search of Lost Time someday, but I know that I could never do it in only 4 months. Likewise, the complete novels of the Brontë sisters. I still have that copy of Wuthering Heights waiting on my shelves unread. But I'd really hate to force myself through them in such a short time. So although tempting, I knew it just wasn't realistic for me. I also tried to think of a series or set of 7 Japanese books, but couldn't come up with a good grouping.
Then Nessie said that I could indeed count the Harry Potter series, and since I was already planning to do so, it's PERFECT! Thanks Nessie! I feel a little bit like I'm cheating since Harry Potter is hardly as challenging as Proust, but it'll still be quite a few pages to read.
So between May 1st and September 1st, I plan to read:
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - FINISHED
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - FINISHED
3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - FINISHED
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - FINISHED
5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - FINISHED
6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - FINISHED
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - FINISHED
*Challenge completed on July 22, 2007