Well, I thought the film was really well done. There were a LOT of changes from the book, and of course so many things left out. Hardly surprising considering it's the longest book of the series! I thought they stayed true to the essence of the story though. That said, I can't imagine seeing it without knowing the story beforehand. It was certainly more enjoyable knowing the background of the characters and knowing the bits that had to be left out. I'm glad to hear that the Director, David Yates, is also doing the next one.
Verdict: Very fun! Worth the ticket price.
And did you know?*
- Rupert Grint has purchased an ice cream van in case acting does not work out.
- Radcliffe is featured on a paper doll site where you can dress him up online.
- San Francisco Chronicle voted Lucius Malfoy one of the 12 sexiest men who were never alive.
- Gary Oldman says he accepted the role of Sirius Black because he needed the work.
- When Oldman joined the cast he bought Radcliffe a bass guitar. They are both bassists.
- Radcliffe's makeup artist cried during filming of the kiss scene. It took 30 takes.
- The series has spawned a band, Harry and the Potters. One of their songs is Save Ginny Weasley.
- Regarding his role as Voldemort, Ralph Fiennes said "I have no doubt children will be afraid of me now if they weren't before."
- Watson's figure was made curvier in posters for Harry Potter 5.
- Alan Rickman was J.K. Rowling's top choice to play Severus Snape.
Just to prove how behind I usually am in watching movies, this weekend I also finally watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest!! It was fun but I definitely preferred the first one. The effects were a bit too slimy and icky in this one! (Cringe) I'll probably get around to watching the third one sometime next year!