Nymeth tagged me for this a few days ago but I got distracted by end of the month reading and wrapping up.
So why do I blog?
For the money and fame of course!! Doesn't everyone? :P
* Photos - I started blogging for a couple of reasons. One was to have a place to share some of my pictures. I know there haven't been many lately but there will be again. It's just too hot right now for much in the way of outdoor pics. I'm very hermit-like in summer here. Maybe I'll troll through my old pics and choose some favourites to share.
* Reading Log - Taking pictures is just a part-time hobby so I didn't want to have a strictly photo blog, and since I already keep track of the books I read on my computer I thought it would fun to keep a record on a blog as well. The marriage of two hobbies and my blog was born!
* Community - I have really enjoyed getting to know other bloggers and being part of the book blogging community. It's wonderful to chat about books with other book lovers, to get feedback on what I've read, and recommendations on future reads. I only wish I had more time to read and comment, I'm perpetually behind. You should see the state of my Google Reader!
* Challenges - A by-product of the book blogging community is all the wonderful reading challenges out there and how, thanks to them, I've been able to read many books that have been languishing in TBR purgatory for years. I used to belong to several Yahoo groups that would chat about books and read a book a month. I found though that I'd end up buying the books that were voted on but then I wouldn't always have time to read them and so they would sit there looking forlorn on the shelves, and multiplying. With the challenges, I choose books that I've been meaning to read and usually already own so it's been great! I do miss the book chat there sometimes but unfortunately there just aren't enough hours in the day.
* Fun - It's fun! It's become a major part of my life. I try to post regularly and even though that doesn't always happen, I'm often thinking about my blog or what I've read on others blogs. And I probably spend more time online than I should but I look forward to it. There are days when I feel like I'm talking to myself but it's satisfying to see my posts accumulate and have people, who I've never met but feel like I know at least a little bit, comment on them. Like Danielle said, "I'm addicted and can't stop now."
A big thanks to everyone who has visited me! If it weren't for you I'd probably have given up by now.
I won't tag anyone specifically because I've lost track of who's already done this one but if you'd like to please do continue it. Let me know if you do, I'd love to read your reasons.