This one just sounds so fun, plus it's only 6 books instead of 12 for the year, we can overlap with other challenges, and change our list at any time. Just the kind of challenge I'm liking these days!
"What's In A Name?" Reading Challenge
Dates: January 1, 2008 through December 31, 2008
Choose one book from each of the following categories.
1. A book with a color in its title.
2. A book with an animal in its title.
3. A book with a first name in its title.
4. A book with a place in its title.
5. A book with a weather event in its title.
6. A book with a plant in its title.
(click on the button for more info)
Here are my initial choices:
Colour: My Name is Red - Orhan Pamuk
Animal: The Elephant Vanishes - Haruki Murakami or
Cat's Eye - Margaret Atwood
First name: Daisy Miller - Henry James
Place: Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi
Weather: Tales of Moonlight and Rain - Akinari Ueda
Plant: Purple Hibiscus - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie