1. Holidays in the summer are a time to hide under the air-conditioner and read, since it's usually too hot to move.
2. Veggies, like peppers and zucchini, are my favorite things to grill.
3. My thoughts are rather distracted and scattered lately. Too many things vying for attention.
4. Going out for dinner to celebrate our anniversary is what I'm most looking forward to this weekend! (Actually Monday but we both have the day off.)
5. My favorite book so far this summer is The Scortas' Sun by Laurent Gaudé.
6. Sleeping late and then having a leisurely breakfast is the best way to begin a day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to eating the cold tomato pasta that I made, the first of the season, tomorrow my plans include maybe buying a new fan and Sunday, I want to read and relax!
1. Pick up the nearest book, and open it to page 123.
2. Find the fifth sentence, and post the next three sentences.
This week I'm reading Matrimony by Joshua Henkin, which I've already given the p. 123 treatment. So instead, my recent summery read (from #5 above), The Scortas' Sun by Laurent Gaudé.
'Under my pillow,' replied Elia between two sobs.-----------------
Giuseppe went up to the boy's bedroom, felt under the pillow, pulled out the bag in which the thief had ensconced his treasure, and, mortified, his head lowered and his eyes vacant, went straight to the church. 'The feast of Sant'Elia must go on, at least,' he said to himself.
The idea is to share, every Friday, about books that you’ve recently discovered (never heard of before) that sound really good!This is a fun idea. I'm often adding books to my wishlist after reading other blogs. Let's not talk about the fact that my wishlist has over 1000 titles on it!!
The most recent additions to it were The Cairo Diary by Maxim Chattam and In the Woods by Tana French. Both are mysteries that I heard about at Bookgirl's Nightstand.
And I'd heard of Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond but after reading her guest post about her new book, No One You Know, on Florinda's blog, I added both of them to my wishlist.
So what books have you heard about lately that sound really good?
And don't forget, you have until Saturday to enter my BAFAB Giveaway.