Friday, August 01, 2008
It's Friday, you know what that means...
1. If I could travel back in time, I'd go to a certain place at a certain time, to see a certain person and do something a little differently.
2. Give me more hours in the day or give me at least a good night's sleep.
3. I am listening to the whirring of the fan and the hum of the air-conditioner.
4. Somewhere, someone is thinking that maybe this wasn't such a good idea.
5. I'll always be me!
6. My idea of a good time includes spending time with H and the boys, going out with H somewhere to take pictures (when it isn't so hot) or simply curling up with a good book.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include something or other and Sunday, I want to read and try to catch up on blogging!
I 'found' quite a few tempting books while visiting blogs this past week.
The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
The Perfect Summer: England 1911, Just Before the Storm by Juliet Nicolson
The Witch's Trinity by Erika Mailman
Playing Cards in Cairo by Hugh Miles (reviewed by Lotus Reads here)
Three Shadows by Cyril Pedrosa (graphic novel- love the cover!)(reviewed by Popin here)
Rivalry: A Geisha's Tale by Nagai Kafu (reviewed by Popin here)
The Ruined Map by Kobo Abe
Pedro Páramo by Juan Rulfo (reviewed by Nymeth here)
and I'm quite tempted by the collector's edition of The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling. Doesn't it look like fun?