Friday, September 12, 2008
Friday: books and blanks
1. I enjoy a well-told story, a beautiful photograph, a nice meal out, a walk on the beach, a colourful sunset ...
2. How fast time always seems to disappear is something I wonder about often lately.
3. In your heart, you knew it could never be.
4. Take a goofy cat, add a little string and you end up with a comedy routine.
5. Life has gifted me with three silly boys (=one husband and two cats).
6. Getting lost in a good book is an instant vacation.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to reading more of Perfume, tomorrow my plans include maybe going out for dinner and Sunday, I want to read or work on a photo project!
Here are the most recent additions to my wishlist:
The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent (after reading cariboumom's review)
The Gravedigger's Daughter by Joyce Carol Oates (after BooksPlease mentioned it)
A Fine and Private Place by Peter Beagle (after reading Nymeth's review)
Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (after reading Gentle Reader's review)
And if you haven't already, you have just a couple of days left to enter to win a copy of The Heretic Queen (or Nefertiti) by Michelle Moran over at Books 'N Border Collies. Click here for info on the prizes and to enter. Oh and let her know I sent you.
BTW, I added a button in my sidebar that will take you to my photo blog. I do hope you'll stop by.