Friday, September 26, 2008
Friday: books and blanks
1. The weather finally becoming comfortable, fall roses blooming, and the 24 hour Read-a-thon are some of the things I'm most looking forward to in October.
2. Sometimes I just need some quiet alone time.
3. I never thought I'd enjoy reading vampire novels and that's why there is a saying, "never say never"!
4. When I'm down, I just want to hide from the world.
5. When I'm at home, in front of my laptop is where you'll find me most often.
6. A rainy day is good for reading or having a movie marathon.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to relaxing, tomorrow my plans include whatever we end up doing and Sunday, I want to read!
Just a few books added to my wishlist this week, so far anyway.
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. It won't be out until late spring/summer 2009 in English (it's out now in Spanish I believe), but I was excited to hear that his second novel is a prequel to The Shadow of the Wind.
The Blackstone Key by Rose Melikan. "...a complex and deadly plot involving ruthless smugglers, secret codes, and a dangerous network of spies and traitors..." Danielle mentioned this one recently and it sounds fun.
Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford. "Set in the ethnic neighborhoods of Seattle during World War II and Japanese American internment camps of the era." Marcia of The Printed Page had a good review of this. It'll be published in January 2009.
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson. I thought I'd added this to my wishlist when I first heard about it a while ago but apparently not, so thanks to Iliana for mentioning it again.