Friday, December 05, 2008
Friday Fill-ins, Friday Finds
1. Snow is something is almost never get to see. I miss it!
2. I'm looking forward to someday not feeling so behind in everything.
3. Lamy is the best pen ever! (says H who has recently become a huge fan. I'm happy enough with my old Waterman but have been eyeing an Acme pen lately and would love a MontBlanc someday. H's second response was N is the best wife ever! Even though he said it jokingly, awww! :)
4. One of my favorite old tv shows is Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Course it seems pretty cheesy now. :P
5. I'm done with long hair.
6. The most enjoyable thing around the holidays is spending time with family and friends, and of course the food!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleeping, it's been a long week, tomorrow my plans include probably going out somewhere to take pictures and Sunday, I want to relax and read, but instead I'll most likely spend the day doing stuff around the house! It's a mess lately and H's brother is staying with us next week.
It's been a while since I posted any finds here but of course I've still been adding to my wishlist! So here is a sampling of what's appealed to me over the last little while.
Man in the Dark by Paul Auster - review by Karen (BookBath)
Silent Girl by Tricia Dower (short stories loosely based on Shakespeare's heroines) - review by Andi at
Good to a Fault by Marina Endicott (nominated for the Giller Prize)
Album of the Damned: Snapshots from the Third Reich by Paul Garson - review by Nancy (Bookfoolery and Babble)
Metropole by Ferenc Karinthy - thanks to Iliana mentioning NPR's Best Foreign Fiction of 2008
*I don't remember now where I 'stole' this button from, so if you made it, it's great - thanks! And I hope you don't mind. :)