Friday, January 30, 2009
Friday Fill-ins, Friday Finds
1. I'd really like to be curled up in bed with a book right now (and I'll be headed there shortly).
2. F**k is the word you'd most often hear me say if I stubbed my toe.
3. Possession is a book I've had on my wish list for some time, but I still haven't read anything by A. S. Byatt.
4. Johnny makes an excellent Captain Jack Sparrow.
5. Marshmallows and fire go together like bad weather and a good book.
6. The news just goes on and on about the same depressing stories every day.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to hopefully getting a good night's sleep, tomorrow my plans include staying home, avoiding the rain and Sunday, I want to relax, read, blog!
I haven't posted any Friday Finds for a few weeks, so here are some of the books that have been added to my wish list over the last while.
Broccoli and Other Tales of Food and Love by Lara Vapnyar
(short stories, review by 3M at 1morechapter)
The Arsenic Labyrinth by Martin Edwards
(mystery, review by BooksPlease)
Sun and Shadow by Åke Edwardson
(mystery, review by Wendy at Musings of a Bookish Kitty)
The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa
(literary fiction, review by 3M at 1morechapter)
The Disappeared by Kim Echlin
(multicultural fiction, mentioned by Sandra at Fresh Ink Books)
Last Night in Montreal by Emily St. John Mandel
(Unbridled Books spring 2009 catalog)
A Week in October by Elizabeth Subercaseaux
(fiction in translation, mentioned by Iliana at Bookgirl's Nightstand)
*Thanks to 3M for the great button.